PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS
* These instructions apply to the renewal of a current WV license only. If you have an expired WV license, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 304-285-3150 if you wish to reinstate your license.
Renewal applications are completed online through Certemy®, the Board’s licensing management system, and include a number of self-paced steps to be completed and submitted for verification and approval.
Renewal applications will only be reviewed and approved in the calendar year of your license expiration date.
- Confirm the Applicant Information is correct. Name and address changes may be made as part of the application. The legal document, i.e. marriage certificate or divorce decree, authorizing a name change must be uploaded to request a name change on your license.
- All OTA's employed in WV are required to upload a new Supervisory Statement as part of your renewal application. Multiple Supervisory Statements may be uploaded.
- Continuing Education hours can be added throughout the year as taken. All licensees are encouraged to upload CE certificates. The required number of hours must be taken in the two years preceding expiration of your license, with the exception of the six hour carryover provision from the previous renewal term.
- Licensees who have been selected for the random Continuing Education audit will be notified by mail and are REQUIRED to upload their CE documents to comply with the audit.
- The Board recommends you complete and submit your Renewal Application 30 days prior to your license expiration date to allow time for review and approval, as well as mail time to receive your new license cards. It must be submitted by the expiration date to avoid assessment of $100 late fee.
- Upon approval of your renewal application, your next license renewal application will open in Certemy. Note the new due date on the application. This allows you to enter CE hours as taken throughout the year.
*PLEASE DO NOT COMPLETE THE REMAINING STEPS OF YOUR NEXT RENEWAL APPLICATION UNTIL CLOSER TO YOUR LICENSE EXPIRATION DATE TO INCLUDE THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION AT RENEWAL.
Your new license cards will be mailed. Please contact the Board if you do not receive them within two weeks of approval of your application.